Homemade Pasta Sauce and Tasty Tuesday Party

This is one of our family favorites! Its my attempt to make a less heavy and lower calorie cream sauce.
Health(ier) White Cream Sauce
Low fat milk
Cream Cheese (8 oz)
Butter
Olive Oil
Parmesan Cheese
This recipe does not have exact measurements, but its hard to go wrong! I start by melting the cream cheese in a bit of butter and olive oil. I also threw in some finely chopped onions at this point for flavor, but that’s optional. After the cheese is melted I add about a cup of milk and 1/2 cup of Parmesan. Let cook for a couple of minutes on low heat, then add pasta and steamed broccoli if desired.
My husband really likes tomato cream sauce, so before I added the pasta I added around a cup of tomato sauce to the mix. We eat it both ways and its great both ways! I add fresh chopped tomatoes on top and you have a delicious dinner.
Now onto the AMAZING features from last week. Thanks again for all the great links! I have more recipes to try that dinners in the week. Love seeing all the yummy things you are making. Here are a few that stood out to me…
Hungry Homebody-Panzella Salad

Now onto the party for this week.
1. Please link up food only items
2. visit a few other links and show some comment love!
3. link back to this site in some way to so others can find and join.
4. most important… HAVE FUN!

Photobucket

Looking forward to seeing you around the blog…. don’t be a stranger!
The following two tabs change content below.
Emily is a stay at home mom to two crazy boys {which she adores} and one amazing husband. She loves to sew, but also dabbles in crafting and recipes. Her faith, friends and family keep her going and motivated. Come along for the ride!

Comments

1. Always looking for a way to lighten things up. Thanks for hosting this week!

2. Emily, nice recipes. I linked my Mango Drink! gloria

3. Everything looks wonderful! Thank you for hosting and have a great week!
    <><
    Concetta

4. Hi Emily! Thanks so much for hosting :) I shared a yummy Chocolate Vanilla Marble Fudge recipe (w/ dairy-free option) and a Summer Sangria recipe made w/ fresh watermelon juice and a bunch of summer fruit. Thanks again.

5. Rachel @ My Happily Ever After says:

Yum that sounds great! Love recipes where you don’t have to be so exact. Thanks for hosting the party!

6. Anita Stafford says:

Emily – I have linked up Sourdough Bread, Mexican Chicken, and Spice Cupcakes. Thank you for hosting!

7. Walking by Faith says:

Thanks for the invite! I linked up my blueberry crumb muffins and added you to my page of link parties. :) Have a great night!

8. Morsels of Life says:

Thanks for hosting! I linked up with Carrot Craisin Salad. :)

9. Cares and Mimi says:

Hi Emily! Thanks for the invitation and for hostessing! We linked our Chocolate Madeleine Mousse and our Yogurt Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders. Have a wonderful week – Cares

10. I posted about freezing green peppers, with two methods depending on the size of your crop.

11. thehungryhomebody says:

wow, what a line up of features! Thanks for featuring my salad!

Have a great week, Julianna.

12. Fun blog, I linked up ;) So excited to try your sauce, I have a similar recipie that uses heavy cream the lighter version sounds awesome THANKS!

13. vintagemom says:

Thanks so much for inviting me! I’ve been making batch after batch of these Seven Layer Bars because they are disappearing so fast at my house :)

Lisa @ Allergy Free Vintage Cookery

14. Thank you for hosting! :-) There are some really great recipes featured once again. The “School Spaghetti” looks just like what we used to have at school. :-)

15. Congratulations on SYTYC. That must be so exciting. I am bringing two recipes this week since I couldn’t decide which one to share. Corn’n’Bacon Dip, easily put together with pantry and refrigerator items and Breakfast Bread Pudding Muffins. These can be made sweet or savory and are great to have in the fridge for busy back-to-school mornings. Looks like there are lots of great recipes for me to check out. Have a great week.

16. BIG SPOON says:

thanks for hosting – i posted an eggplant + sausage pasta.
    to lighten up a cream sauce you could also try using laughing cow cheeses…

17. Yum! Your cream sauce looks delicious! Thanks for sharing and for hosting this recipe swap.

18. Can I just tell you how much I love cream sauces? A lot!

This week I have a Greek Herb Spread and a link up featuring fresh produce.

Thanks for hosting!

19. Hi Emily! Thanks for hosting… looks like a great party!