Tomato Stack

Today I am sharing an amazing Tomato Stack recipe. I saw the idea in cooking light... but this creation is my own adaptation!
Tomato Stack

You will need:
Four Large Tomatoes
Bacon or Bacos (two pieces for each tomato)
1 Avacado
1 ear of corn (on or off the cobb)
fresh basil (optional)
for sauce:
½ cup Mayonnaise
2 TBS white vinegar
1TBS milk (to thin the sauce)
1 large clove of minced garlic (or 1 TBS out of a jar)
1 TBS dry or fresh diced basil
pinch of salt
Combine all the ingredients for the sauce and place to the side. Slice the tomato in four thick slices. If you have corn on the cob, grill on the grill until lightly brown. Or place corn kernels in a pan and sauté with olive oil until browned (like my picture). Slice the avocado and cook the bacon until crispy. Assemble the stack with layers. I just put the avocado and sauce in the middle and corn and bacon on the top. Garnish with more sauce and fresh basil leaves. I had to cut it all up to eat, but it was delicious!
Trust me, this beautiful tomato stack tastes even better than it looks, and its a real beauty!!
The following two tabs change content below.
Emily is a stay at home mom to two crazy boys {which she adores} and one amazing husband. She loves to sew, but also dabbles in crafting and recipes. Her faith, friends and family keep her going and motivated. Come along for the ride!

Latest posts by Emily (see all)

Comments

1. Thanks for hosting!

2. thanks for hosting! this week, i shared my Pesto Cauliflower Nuggets! They’re Gluten Free, Vegan, Body Ecology Diet and Specific Carb Diet SCD friendly! have a great week!

3. Thank you for the party! Have a great week!

4. thanks so much for the party – hope you get your follower:)

5. That tomato stack is absolute awesome sounding!!! Love the avocado in it!!! Thank you so much for hosting!!!

6. The tomato stack looks awesome! Thank you for hosting. Have a great day!

7. Thank you soooooooo much Emily for featuring my Smoked-cheese Biscuits :) I’m very honored!

Funny how we both made dishes with tomatoes this week (I made a quiche)
    Looks very appetizing although it’s not for me as I’m a vegetarian. I think I might make it though without the meat as I really like the flavors.

Thanks for another party, and have a wonderful week!

8. Stephanie Hill says:

Emily,
    Thanks so much for a great party! Hope you have a great week! :D
    ~Stephanie @ LadyWithTheRedRocker.com

9. Thank you for hosting, Emily :)

10. Thanks so much for hosting!

11. Thanks for the feature! And your tomato stack looks INSANE!

12. Dear Emily,
    Thank you for featuring my Treasure chest birthday cake. My little pirats will be very proud!
    And so am I! :))))
    Untill next week,
    many greetings from Croatia!

13. I am in love with this tomato stack of yours. For some reason, I like stacked and layered food.
    Thank you for hosting. This week I brought an appetizer of cheese filled banana peppers.

14. Tanya-Lemonsforlulu.com says:

Thanks for a wonderful party! Have a happy Tuesday!

15. Melanie Pitts says:

Thanks for hosting this party Emily. I’ve already got my eye on making the Perfect Grain-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie, they look soft and delicious. This week I’m sharing a simple and flavorful, Caprese Panini. It’s a great sandwich for garden tomatoes and basil. Have a great day!

16. i linked up a really yummy recipe for a Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Cake. Hope you enjoy and thanks for hosting!

17. Zachary and Sarah @ HHG says:

Thank you so much for hosting this! Hope you have a fabulous day :)

18. Great link up and excited to participate! Thanks for hosting! Have a fab day!
    ~Eva~

19. Gabriela @ Renaissance Woman says:

Oh my gosh! That Tomato Stack looks AMAZING. Exactly what I want to gobble up on a hot summer day. Can’t wait to try it. ;)

I shared my Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies today – they’re made with xylitol to make ‘em sugar-free and yummy! Happy Tuesday!

20. Deb@CookingOnTheFrontBurner says:

Looks like you have 300 now! Thanks for hosting and have a great week!

21. Wow! That tomato stacks looks amazing! Great photography there too. Thanks so much for featuring my pizza :)

22. Those photos are beautiful! The recipe sounds pretty darned good too!

23. CJ @ Morsels of Life says:

Thanks for hosting – you’ve got lots of tasty eats linked up! :)

24. Becolorful says:

I’m sure it tastes delicious but it is almost too pretty to eat. :D Great great pics. Thanks for sharing this week on BeColorful.
    p

25. ermergod! Just saw these on LBGC…amazingggggg!
    Kim @ Soliloquy Of Food & Such recently posted…Spaghetti and Cannellini Marinara Alla MommaMy Profile

Trackbacks

1. […] Yourself, Making the World Cuter, Made By You, Mouthwatering Monday, Open Call, Crazy Sweets, Tasty Tuesday, Tip Me, Talent Show, Time Out, Totally Tasty, Whimsy, Lil Luna, Wow Me, Cast Party, Whatsits, […]