I love having both pumpkin and apple in every bite. You might be skeptical of this combo, but if you like both of these flavors you will love it!
- 1 pie crust (I used the just add water box kind, but you can also use an unbaked frozen one or use your favorite recipe from scratch.
- Layer 1
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 c. evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pie spice
- Layer 2
- 4 apples (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. white sugar
- 1 TBS cinnamon
- Layer 3
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. oats
- 1/4 c. melted butter
- Heat oven to 375
- 1. Mix all the layer 1 ingredients together and put into an unbaked pie crust. Bake for 10 min.
- 2. Take out of the oven (will still be soft) cool for 10 min.
- 3. Mix chopped apples with sugar and cinn. Put on top of the pumpkin trying not to disturb the pumpkin too much.
- 4. Mix the layer 3 ingredients together and drop small bits of the crumble mix on top of the apples.
- Put back into the oven for another 35-45 min until the crumble begins to brown and the apples are soft.
For other pumpkin recipes see: