Hey, Naptime Mamas! I’m stopping over today from B-Inspired Mama to share a super simple kids’ Christmas craft with you all. With a little prep during “naptime,” this kids ornament is simple enough for even toddlers and preschoolers. When I saw these clear glass Christmas ornaments over at Happy Hooligans, I knew that they would be perfect for my daughter’s preschool class. But her school, like many others, doesn’t celebrate Christmas. So I adjusted it a bit to make it a Snowflake Ornament perfect to hang in a window through the entire winter season. Here’s what I did…
Simple Snowflake Kids Ornament
- round clear plastic ornaments
- Sharpie Paint Pen, light blue
- blue and/or white glitter
- blue and/or silver sequins
- snowflake sequins
- silver bead garland cut into short strips
- white pom poms
- blue shimmering pipe cleaner cut into 1″ pieces
- white paper
- circle punch
- PSA Essentials Peel & Stick Fancy Flakes Stamps
- silver ribbon
- Tie a silver ribbon onto the silver hanger of each ornament.
- Remove silver hangers from ornaments and set aside.
- Write children’s names and the year on each ornament with the paint pen.
- Stamp snowflakes on white paper and punch out with circle punch.
- Prepare a plastic baggie for each child filled with a handful of sequins, pom poms, pipe cleaner pieces, snowflake circles, etc.
Steps (for the kids):
- Give each child their plastic ornament and a baggie of “goodies.”
- Have the children drop and push the little decorations into their ornaments.
- Put a silver hanger with ribbon onto each ornament. DONE! (Easy-peasy, right?!)
Since I am on the design team for PSA Essentials, I used their Fancy Flakes stamps to make some snowflakes to go inside. You can learn more about PSA Essentials Peel & Stick Stamps by following PSA Essentials on Facebook. And I’d love for you to visit met at B-Inspired Mama for more simple kids crafts and creative parenting ideas. Now go make up some snowflake ornament kits for your kids’ preschool class and you’ll be mom of the year. Or just have your little ones make some to decorate your home; you’re always their mom of the year!
remember to stop back on Wed. to enter the super awesome photo book giveaway…
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- Baked Cheesy Chicken Fingers – Easy Mealtime Solutions - March 1, 2015
- Eat Green for St. Patricks Day - February 28, 2015
- Best Baby Blanket Sewing Tutorials - February 27, 2015
- Easy Baby Blanket Sewing Tutorial - February 25, 2015